Answer served with fries on the side
CandyLander searched: If a stranger walked up to you in a restaurant and told you that your future happiness depended on you ordering a root beer… would you order the root beer?
First of all, I like root beer. I was probably already intending to order a root beer, if I was treating myself to something other than water. I wouldn’t alter my plans to contradict a questionably prophetic stranger.
But I don’t think that’s what you meant to ask.
So, let’s say the stranger told me my future depended on a Coke. I don’t like Coke. As a general rule, I’m against buying things that I think taste like a three-month-old pizza box unless a doctor tells me to. But today my answer depends on two things:
- Will this stranger be in a position to see what I order?
- Do they seem sincerely concerned for me?
Because I don’t believe that anyone could know the future well enough to pin my happiness down to so small a thing, but I would probably pay the two dollars for a soda to keep a stranger from worrying about it.
No one said I had to drink it.
Holly B. searched: What was your last dream about?
I got a smart phone and spent a lot of time trying to sign up for SnapChat.
I gave the plot one out of five stars.
ArnietheCarnie searched: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
“Bring sunscreen. I don’t care if you don’t think you’re going to need it.”
I’m pretty sure my mother just didn’t want me to come back home a distressing shade of red, but I took it to mean, “Lay down preparations, baby girl, so that when you’re given the opportunity for an adventure, you can take it without hesitation.”
Because she knows how much I like my adventures.
HeidiHoHeidi searched: Type “tell me about” into Google, then answer all the questions that come up.
1. I like bacon cheeseburgers, books about monsters, history that mixes with mythology, and lots and lots of purple things.
2. The rabbits are fine, Martha. For goodness sake. Some days I think you’re going to break up with me and marry them.
3. This is probably the first question you will be asked in an interview, and is, from what I understand, a trap. Show no fear. Tell them the top five reasons you would be a good hire. Don’t talk to them about cheeseburgers, monsters, or purple things.
Have a question for Gwendoogle? Leave it in comments below and I’ll be back next week to answer them.
The question bucket is currently empty. Help fill it up!